You have asked time and time again for Tom to make a video on how he makes brown rice in the Instant Pot and it is finally done! This is his first solo cooking video and he did an outstanding job. Tom really does make the best brown rice. He has perfected his technique and it comes out perfect every time. We hope you will try his method and enjoy the rice as much as we do.
Simple and easy method to make perfect brown rice in the Instant Pot every time. The wood rice paddle comes from Holland Bowl Mill and can be purchased on line. Tom prefers the wood one over the plastic one that comes with a pressure cooker. The wood one is larger and easier to use.
Perfect Granular Brown Rice in the Instant Pot
- 6 QT Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker
- 8 cups brown rice
- 8 cups water
- Put brown rice and water in the SS liner of an electric pressure cooker. Take notice of the water level with the measurement markings inside the pressure cooker liner. In a 6 qt liner it should come to the 3 liter mark.
- Take the SS liner to the sink and rinse the rice with more water, pouring and rinsing again. Stir the rice with a spatula or large spoon while rinsing to free up the rice dust and husks that need to be rinsed away. Lastly, refill with fresh water up to the level you noted earlier, a 6 qt liner should equal the 3 liter mark.
- Put the lid on the pressure cooker. Select High Pressure and set for 15 minutes.
- Let it go to natural pressure release for 20 minutes and then finish with manual release.
- Divide into freezer safe containers. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- The rice becomes even more granular when thawed after being frozen.
Get Healthy Stay Healthy One Meal At A Time
Please note that we partner with affiliate platforms where commission may be earned based on clicks and or purchases – all at no additional cost to you. Affiliate links help bloggers like me to fund the free content that we provide on our blogs. This page contains affiliate links.
Be sure to check out our Amazon Affiliate Page where we share many of our favorite small kitchen appliances, kitchen tools, food products and books. Nutmeg Notebook is a participant in the Amazon Affiliates program that is designed to provide a means for sites to earn a commission from qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support.
Nutmeg Notebook Online Courses
Batch Cooking with Tami Kramer Course Link
We invite you to purchase this course to learn all about the “What, When, Why, and How” of batch cooking, to support your quest to live a healthy, whole food, plant based life style. The course contains a 100 page eBook & course guide that includes over 50 of Tami’s recipes. There are 10 lesson modules containing 32 videos, totaling over 15 hours of comprehensive instruction. Tami will cover batch cooking concepts, techniques, and strategies, as well as specific recipe demonstrations.
Beautiful Chopped Salad Course Link
Tami Kramer’s Beautiful Chopped Salad Course includes a complete full color 40+ page recipe PDF eBook and 12 instructional videos. In the course Tami will teach you how to batch prep salads, what to shop for, and tips to ensure that your stored salads will last for a week. She will share different methods for chopping salads, and all the details about how she tops these beauties.
We are also Holland Bowl Mill Affiliates. The 15 inch Holland Bowl Mill Cherry fruit bowl has a permanent home on our kitchen island. It’s beautiful and useful. The heart shaped bowl makes me happy – I love everything heart shaped! We use our 15 inch Beechwood & cherry bowl (His and Her’s) to chop our salads every day. Eating a salad for one meal every day helped me lose weight and become a size 4. I still eat a salad for one meal a day but now it’s a Big Beautiful Chopped salad and it helps me stay a size 4! See the Chopped Salad Blog Post to find out how you can incorporate a chopped salad into your daily food plan and how you can get a free mezzaluna knife with your Holland Bowl salad bowl order when you use our Holland Bowl affiliate link as well as free engraving and free shipping.