Quick Tomato-Stewed Zucchini with Basil and Garlic
- 2 tsp water or vegetable broth
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomato no salt – fire roasted are my preference
- 1 lb zucchini thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Table Tasty salt substitute or your other favorite no salt seasoning.
Place water or vegetable broth and garlic in a medium size skillet over high heat. When the garlic starts to sizzle, stir in tomatoes, zucchini, dried basil and pepper. Stir to mix, cover pan with lid and steam until tomato liquid has evaporated and zucchini is tender, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and serve.
You could add a can of white beans and serve this over rice, spaghetti squash or a baked potato to make it a complete meal!
Recipe adapted from, The Perfect Recipe For Losing Weight and Eating Great, Author: Pam Anderson