Katy’s husband Esau came for dinner and when he saw the corn on the cob he inquired how we were going to prepare it and then he offered to show us how it is prepared in Honduras where he is from. It sounded simple enough and I had the ingredients on hand so I gave him the task of shucking the corn while I prepped the zucchini for the grill.OH MY GOODNESS THIS WAS THE BEST TASTING SWEET CORN WE HAVE EVER TASTED! I will never want it prepared any other way. If you like sweet corn you have to try this simple recipe.
Esau’s Grilled Corn with Lime
- Grill, charcoal, gas or electric
- Fresh corn on the cob shucked and rinsed
- Fresh limes juiced, about one for every ear of corn
- No salt seasoning like Table Tasty or salt if you wish
- Place corn on the cob on the hot grill, turn every few minutes until lightly browned all around, 15-20 minutes. Place fresh lime juice in a shallow dish, roll each ear of corn in the lime juice, sprinkle with salt or salt stubstitute and serve.
- Serving Size: 1 ear of corn and juice of 1 lime
I just bought corn on the cob today! Can’t wait to try this recipe!
I hope you love it as much as we do. It’s simple but amazing!
Great! The corn on the cob definitely needs a little moisture and the lime juice does the trick!
The fresh lime juice makes the corn amazing!