I forgot to photograph just the hummus so the next time I make it I will get a good photo of it. But that is the hummus there in the center of this photo.
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed, reserving the liquid called aquafaba
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon Benson’s Table Tasty – or your favorite salt free substitute
- pinch ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup lemon or lime juice
- 1/4 aquafaba – liquid saved from the can of garbanzo beans
Place all ingredients in a high powered blender or a food processor and process until smooth and creamy, add more aquafaba or water as needed to help it blend smoothly.
The hummus in the photo has some extra garlic, fresh dill and extra lemon juice added to it and it can be used as a salad dressing this way as well.
You can add fresh herbs like basil, rosemary, thyme, cilantro – whatever flavor appeals to you.
Roasted red bell peppers or sun dried tomatoes add tons of flavor and color.
Try using black beans instead of garbanzo beans and add sauteed jalapeno peppers.