I think I ‘m a pretty good cook and over the years I have passed on my culinary hints and tips to daughter Katy. Even though we use the same recipes there are some things that she makes better than me! Her guacamole is outstanding. I’ve watched her make it and I think I do the same things she does but hands down, hers is always better than mine. Go figure. Maybe it’s because food that someone else makes for you, always tastes better.
Katy’s Best Guacamole
- 4 large ripe Hass Avocados – peeled-mashed with a fork
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice or more to taste
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- A few shakes of Adobo seasoning (a traditional Latin blend of salt, garlic, pepper and oregano – go lightly as it is salty)
Mix, chill and enjoy!
Yield: 2 1/2 cups Serving size: 1/10 of a recipe – about 1/4 cup