Red Lentil Chili
- Pressure Cooker or Slow Cooker
- 1 pound Red Lentils
- 8 cups water
- 2 14.5 ounce fire roasted tomatoes no salt added
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 10 ounces chopped onion – about 3 cups
- 1 pound red bell pepper – approx 2 large
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chipotle chili powder or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes – optional
- 4 dates – optional
- In a large blender container combine the tomatoes, red bell peppers, garlic and dates – if using them, process until smooth.
- Pour the blender contents into the Instant Pot pressure cooker along with the rest of the ingredients. Cook on high for 10 minutes.
- Slow Cooker: follow the directions but cook in a slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve over brown rice, quinoa, a baked potato or a baked sweet potato. Add some sliced green onions and fresh cilantro if desired.
- Recipe from Chef AJ and shared with her permission.
Be sure to check out our Amazon Affiliate Page where we share many of our favorite small kitchen appliances, kitchen tools, food products, books and fun things for the grandchildren! Thank you for your support!
We are pleased to announce that if you live in Canda we now have an Amazon.CA Shop Page. We have matched up as many items as we can from our US shop page. Ocassionally there are differences in brands and or packaging size.
The full address is Amazon.ca/shop/nutmegnotebook
We are also Holland Bowl Mill Affiliates. The 15 inch Holland Bowl Mill Cherry fruit bowl has a permanent home on our kitchen island. It’s beautiful and useful. The heart shaped bowl makes me happy – I love everything heart shaped! We use our 15 inch Beechwood bowl to chop our salads everyday. Eating a salad for one meal every day helped me lose weight and become a size 4. I still eat a salad for one meal a day but now it’s a Big Beautiful Chopped salad and it helps me stay a size 4! See the Chopped Salad Blog Post to find out how you can incorporate a chopped salad into your daily food plan and how you can get a free mezzaluna knife with your Holland Bowl order when you use our affiliate link as well as free engraving and free shipping.