Vegan Multi Bean Soup – Slow Cooker
- 9 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 – 20 ounce pkg dried multi bean soup mix, sorted, rinsed (toss the flavor packet that comes with it) no need to pre-soak the beans
- 4 medium carrots, peeled, chopped
- 3 medium stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cups of peeled, diced potato
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 -3 teaspoons Herbs de Provence or Italian Seasoning Blend or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper or to taste
- 1 – 14 ounce can diced tomatoes – no salt added
Combine all ingredients in a 5-6 qt slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 8 -10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours. If it gets too thick add a little more broth. At the end of cooking I usually add another teaspoon or so of Herbs de Provence.
Yield: 10 Servings.
Tami’s recipe from Nutmeg Notebook www.nutmegnotebook.com