Can you have dessert on a SOS Free food plan? (SOS Free stands for salt, oil & sugar free.) Yes you can! Fruit is so amazing and yes we do enjoy it plain and simple right from Mother Nature. However, sometimes you just want something that feels and looks more like a traditional dessert. We still use fruit because of it’s natural sweetness and combine it with some other healthy yet delicious ingredients to make something extra special. This Cherry Peach Cobbler satisfies our desire for a scrumptious dessert without derailing our health and weight goals. Here is more good news – you can even enjoy this when you are trying to lose weight on a whole food plant based lifestyle. How fabulous is that?
It’s scrumptious served hot or cold. You can make banana soft serve for an al a mode presentation – sometimes we get fancy like that!
We hope you enjoy the video! Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
I like to make the cobbler in individual ramekins. I get them all prepped ahead of time and put them in the fridge covered with plastic wrap. Then when we sit down to eat dinner I will pop them in the oven to bake while we eat. When dinner is over we have nic hot cobbler to eat. Then we make soft serve in our Champion Juicer. It’s such a treat!
Cherry Peach Cobbler – No Added Sugar
- 10 ounces peaches – fresh or frozen
- 2 cups sweet dark cherries pitted – fresh or frozen
- 2 teaspoons of your favorite flavored balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup of my Quinoa Banana Oat Muffin Mix see the ingredients listed below this recipe.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg or to taste
- 1 very ripe banana 6 ounces with peel
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce or date paste if you want it sweeter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Divide fruit into two oven safe baking dishes or 4 individual ramekins. Drizzle a teaspoon of balsamic vinegar over each dish of fruit, set aside while making the topping. In a medium size bowl mash the banana with a fork, stir in the unsweetened applesauce or date paste if you want it to be sweeter. Add 1 cup of the Quinoa Banana Oat Muffin Mix and the additional spices. Stir until well combined. Divide topping evenly over the dishes. Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until topping is baked all the way through and the top is golden brown.
- If you want to make a pan of this cobbler I would double the recipe for an 8-9 inch pan. Use any combination of fruit that you prefer. Fresh or frozen fruit works.
Quinoa Banana Oat Muffin Mix
- 1/2 cup prewashed quinoa -dry – uncooked ground into a powder – see Quinoa Banan Oat Muffin video – if you can’t find prewashed quinoa try using ground millet instead or quinoa flakes or quinoa flour or oat flour if you use it.
- 2 cups Quick Cooking Steel Cut Oats – if you don’t have quick cooking steel cut oats just process regular steel cut oats a little bit in your food processor. Use Certified gluten free oats to make this a gluten free dessert.
- 2 1/2 cups Old Fashioned Oats – use certified gluten free oats to make this gluten free.
- 1/4 cup ground golden flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg – freshly ground is best
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a container and stir well. It makes about 5 cups of dry muffin mix. Go ahead and make extra muffin mixes while you have all the ingredients out. I just set out my containers and fill them assembly style. With this mix you can make the Quinoa Banana Oat Muffins, Oat – Jam – Jammie Bars and Sweet Pea’s Mini Jammies!
Click on this link to see the blog post and watch the video on making the muffin mixes.
Be sure to check out our Amazon Affiliate Page where we share many of our favorite small kitchen appliances, kitchen tools, food products, books and fun things for the grandchildren! Thank you for your support!
We are pleased to announce that if you live in Canda we now have an Amazon.CA Shop Page. We have matched up as many items as we can from our US shop page. Ocassionally there are differences in brands and or packaging size.
The full address is Amazon.ca/shop/nutmegnotebook
We are also Holland Bowl Mill Affiliates. The 15 inch Holland Bowl Mill Cherry fruit bowl has a permanent home on our kitchen island. It’s beautiful and useful. The heart shaped bowl makes me happy – I love everything heart shaped! We use our 15 inch Beechwood bowl to chop our salads everyday. Eating a salad for one meal every day helped me lose weight and become a size 4. I still eat a salad for one meal a day but now it’s a Big Beautiful Chopped salad and it helps me stay a size 4! See the Chopped Salad Blog Post to find out how you can incorporate a chopped salad into your daily food plan and how you can get a free mezzaluna knife with your Holland Bowl order when you use our affiliate link as well as free engraving and free shipping.