Happy Fourth of July! It’s been crazy busy around here for the past week but I wanted to share this delicious watermelon salad that Chef AJ created. It’s so refreshing and perfect for your backyard BBQ and pot lucks all summer long. It might seem like an unlikely combination but trust me – you are going to love the flavor profile.
We hosted a pot luck the other night and this was one of my centerpieces. My daughter Katy arranged the flowers for me.
- watermelon cubed
- Persian cucumbers sliced -not too thin a little thicker is better
- fresh mint chopped to taste
- fresh lime juice to taste
- This is not an exact recipe but rather a method. You want more watermelon then cucumbers – maybe twice as much watermelon as cucumber. Add fresh chopped mint to taste and just before serving squeeze fresh lime juice to taste over it all and gently stir to incorporate the juice.
- If you have some leftover the next day Chef AJ says to pop it into your blender and make a refreshing watermelon lime mint beverage! This recipe is so popular when I make it that there isn’t any leftover to make into a drink!
- Recipe shared with permission from Chef AJ
Be sure to check out our Amazon Affiliate Page where we share many of our favorite small kitchen appliances, kitchen tools, food products, books and fun things for the grandchildren! Thank you for your support!
We are pleased to announce that if you live in Canda we now have an Amazon.CA Shop Page. We have matched up as many items as we can from our US shop page. Ocassionally there are differences in brands and or packaging size.
The full address is Amazon.ca/shop/nutmegnotebook
We are also Holland Bowl Mill Affiliates. The 15 inch Holland Bowl Mill Cherry fruit bowl has a permanent home on our kitchen island. It’s beautiful and useful. The heart shaped bowl makes me happy – I love everything heart shaped! We use our 15 inch Beechwood bowl to chop our salads everyday. Eating a salad for one meal every day helped me lose weight and become a size 4. I still eat a salad for one meal a day but now it’s a Big Beautiful Chopped salad and it helps me stay a size 4! See the Chopped Salad Blog Post to find out how you can incorporate a chopped salad into your daily food plan and how you can get a free mezzaluna knife with your Holland Bowl order when you use our affiliate link as well as free engraving and free shipping.
Feel free to leave me a comment or ask a question.