That’s right, these twice baked potatoes are loaded with my Vegan Ranch Dressing! I don’t know how it could get any better than this. These are easy enough for a weekday meal but fancy enough to grace your table for a holiday or company meal. These are also perfect for backyard BBQ’s, picnics, potlucks and batch prepping for the week. When you want comfort food, reach for potatoes. They are healthy, low-calorie density, and so satisfying, especially when dressed up all fancy like this recipe. Take them to all the gatherings you have coming up to make sure there is something amazing that you can share with others and also enjoy for yourself. This is the kind of recipe you can make any time of year.
The extra Ranch dressing drizzled on the tops is optional, but we sure enjoy it as well as a drizzle of vegan cheese sauce. The cheese sauce could probably be mixed in with the potatoes, but I do like how the drizzle looks on top.
My russet potatoes were all around 12-14 ounces each. How much ranch dressing, seasonings and other ingredients to use will vary depending on the size of the potatoes. Taste as you mix it together and adjust the ingredients accordingly. Season to your own liking and personal taste preferences.
We have found for a main dish, 2 halves of twice baked potatoes along with a bowl of chopped salad is a perfect meal. So filling, delicious and nutritious.
Use discount code NUTMEG for your JOI Plant Milk Base purchase.
You can use Vegan Ranch Twice Baked Potatoes as a side dish instead of the main dish as well. Let me share with you some meal ideas.
Make up a platter of the scrumptious Vegan Ranch Twice Baked Potatoes and serve them with a Lentil Loaf with Date Glaze,
The Fruity Coleslaw is a crowd pleaser. Use whatever fresh fruit is in season. We make this salad all year long changing it up as the seasons change. The salad dressing is incredible.
Perhaps my version of a very popular salad sold at Whole Foods Market, California Quinoa Mango Salad paired up with any entree and you have a glorious meal for family, company or a holiday! Hooray! This is a very popular dish and always gets rave reviews.
Please Note: Baking potatoes vary greatly in size. All of the russet potatoes I used for this recipe were about 12-14 ounces each after baking. If your potatoes are larger or smaller, then 12-14 ounces then the amount of ingredients you need for the filling will vary. I highly recommend tasting as you go and adjusting the ingredients accordingly to your liking. Also, potatoes vary in how much moisture they have, if your potatoes are very dry you will need more vegan ranch dressing or unsweetened plant milk to make them moister. Please make adjustments as needed.
Vegan Ranch Twice Baked Potatoes
- 4 large Russet potatoes, washed
- 1 cup cooked broccoli, chopped, drained
- 3/4 cup Vegan Ranch Dressing (see recipe below) more for a drizzle over the top when serving
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper – optional
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt substitute ( I used Well Your World Stardust)
- 2-4 tablespoons unsweetened plant milk
- Cheese Sauce to drizzle over the top see recipe below
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silpat mat or parchment paper. Scrub potatoes with a vegetable brush to remove any dirt. Pierce each potato a couple times with the tip of a sharp knife. Place potatoes on prepared baking sheet. Bake for approximately 1 hour or longer if needed depending on the size of potatoes. Remove from oven and cool until they are safe to handle.
- Cut each potato in half length wise. Using a small spoon and leaving a 1/4 inch border around the edge, carefully remove the potato from the center of each half. Put the removed potato in a large bowl. Repeat with all potatoes. Saving the empty shells to stuff.
- With a potato masher, mash the potatoes, adding in the cooked broccoli, vegan ranch dressing, seasonings and nutritional yeast. Mash until desired consistancy is achieved. Add the unsweetned plant milk, using more or less to achieve a creamy consistancy. How much will depend on how big your potatoes are and how dry they are after baking.
- Once the mashed potato – broccoli mixture is ready, stuff it back into the reserved potato shells. Place back on the baking sheet and back into the 400 degree oven for about 10 minutes or until hot all the way through.
- Just before serving drizzle with a hot vegan vegan cheese sauce and more vegan ranch dressing if desired, garnish with fresh chives. Delicious!
- If I am batch baking these for us for the week. I won't add the vegan cheese or ranch dressing until we are going to eat them. The potatoes can easily be heated up in the microwave oven, air fryer or a regular oven. Then drizzle with toppings of your choice.
I highly recommend making a double batch of the Vegan Ranch Dressing and making it the day before or at least a few hours before using. The fresh herbs benefit from some time to mingle and chill.
Vegan Ranch Dressing Oil Free
- Blender, measuring cups, measuring spoons
- 12 ounces Silken Tofu – soft
- 1/2 cup plant milk, unsweetened
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt substitute – Well Your World Stardust
- 1 tablespoon white chia seeds – can use black too
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Medjool date or 2 Deglet Noor dates soaked in water if needed to make the date soft
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- In the blender container of a high powered blender put the first 10 ingredients – starting with tofu all the way to the dates. Process until mixture is creamy smooth making sure the date and the chia seeds have been well incorporated.
- After the mixture is creamy smooth add the fresh herbs to the blender container and pulse gently to incorporate them but not so much that the dressing turns green! No problem if it does but I think it's prettier when the dressing is white with flecks of green herbs through out.
- Refrigerate the dressing in a container with a lid. It will thicken after it chills and the flavor of the herbs is more prominent after it has been chilled. It will last 5 days in the refrigerator – you'll most likely eat it all before then!
If you don’t like “heat” you can simply leave out the chipotle chili powder, chili powder and jalapeno powder in the vegan cheese sauce recipe below. The end result will be a nice mild cheese flavor. For a sweeter version use the optional butternut squash instead of potatoes and carrots. It’s delicious!
Chipotle Nacho Cheese Sauce
- High Powered Blender
- 2 cups Cooked white potato – peeled, microwaved, boiled or steamed
- 1 cup Cooked carrots – peeled – microwaved, boiled or steamed
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon jalapeno powder or to taste or use a fresh jalapeno
- Put all ingredients in a high powered blender and blend for 2-3 minutes or until smooth and creamy. If you blend it long enough in a Vitamix or Blendtec blender it will get nice and hot!
- This sauce does firm up when refrigerated and if it gets too thick thin it with some unsweetened plant milk or water when reheating to make it pourable again.
- Keep it refrigerated – it will last for 5-6 days. The sauce does get thicker when refrigerated so when reheating you can add a little water or unsweetened plant milk and heat it up in the microwave on 50% power to heat it up gently. Or put it in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring while it heats up. Use a wire whisk to help make it smooth and creamy.I haven't tried freezing it myself but subscribers tell us they have frozen it with it success. If it separates when thawed just put it in the blender to make it all smooth and creamy again.
Get Healthy Stay Healthy One Meal At A Time
Please note that we partner with affiliate platforms where commission may be earned based on clicks and or purchases – all at no additional cost to you. Affiliate links help bloggers like me to fund the free content that we provide on our blogs.
Be sure to check out our Amazon Affiliate Page where we share many of our favorite small kitchen appliances, kitchen tools, food products, books and fun things for the grandchildren! Nutmeg Notebook is a participant in the Amazon Affiliates program that is designed to provide a means for sites to earn a commission from qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support.
We are pleased to announce that if you live in Canada we now have an Amazon.CA Shop Page. We have matched up as many items as we can from our US shop page. Occasionally there are differences in brands and or packaging size. Amazon.ca/shop/nutmegnotebook
A Nutmeg Notebook Online Course. Beautiful Chopped Salad Course Link
Tami Kramer’s Beautiful Chopped Salad Course includes a complete full color 40+ page recipe PDF eBook and 12 instructional videos. In the course Tami will teach you how to batch prep salads, what to shop for, and tips to ensure that your stored salads will last for a week. She will share different methods for chopping salads, and all the details about how she tops these beauties. Included are 25 different ways to top a chopped salad, 5 oil free salad dressings, gluten free croutons and crunchy toppings, hummus, salsa’s and more! Please enjoy the course videos at your own pace. There are approximately 2 1/2 hours of instruction spread over the 12 individual topic videos. When completed you will be well on your way to enjoying these beautiful, chopped salads as often as you wish, perhaps even daily as Tami does.
We are also Holland Bowl Mill Affiliates. The 15 inch Holland Bowl Mill Cherry fruit bowl has a permanent home on our kitchen island. It’s beautiful and useful. The heart shaped bowl makes me happy – I love everything heart shaped! We use our 15 inch Beechwood & cherry bowl (his and her’s) to chop our salads everyday. Eating a salad for one meal every day helped me lose weight and become a size 4. I still eat a salad for one meal a day but now it’s a Big Beautiful Chopped salad and it helps me stay a size 4! See the Chopped Salad Blog Post to find out how you can incorporate a chopped salad into your daily food plan and how you can get a free mezzaluna knife with your Holland Bowl salad bowl order when you use our Holland Bowl affiliate link as well as free engraving and free shipping