Simple and delicious would describe this Zesty Quinoa Bean Salad. You will find yourself making this to take to all your potlucks and workplace shared meals as well as part of your weekly batch cooking. One of the things that makes this salad special is that it can be enjoyed either hot or cold. I like it both ways equally. It’s such a beautiful salad as well – visually pleasing food is always a bonus! We even made a video to show you just how easy peasy this recipe is to make.
Easy – Flavorful – Filling – Healthy – Economical
Simple ingredients is all this dish requires. You might have everything on hand right now to make this!
Watch the video to see how quickly and easily this recipe comes together.
I love make ahead salads like this that hold up well in the fridge over several days.
If you need a dish to take to a new mom or someone who just had surgery – this is a good one.
I like to take a cup or more of the Zesty Quinoa Bean Salad and add it to one of my daily Big Beautiful Chopped Salads for lunch. It keeps me full for hours and hours. It is so pretty too – I like pretty food. My little granddaughter Sweetpea likes to pick the corn out of my salad.
Nutmeg Notebook’s Zesty Quinoa Bean Salad
- 2 cups quinoa – rinsed
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups black beans rinsed and drained
- 2 red bell peppers. diced
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups corn – frozen thawed
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons no salt added mustard
- Zest of 1-2 limes
- In an Instant pot electric pressure cooker add the rinsed and drained quinoa with 2 1/2 cups water. Put the lid on making sure the sealing vent is in the sealing position. Set time for 5 minutes at high pressure and let it come down using natural pressure release. When it is done, fluff with a fork.
- Add the quinoa and the rest of the salad ingredients to a large bowl and stir until well combined.
- In a measuring cup mix together the lime juice, mustard and lime zest. Pour over the prepared salad and stir until well combined. This can be eaten hot or cold. Refrigerate the leftovers. It can be reheated to serve it warm. Serve it cold over a bed of greens or over a Big Beautiful Chopped Salad.
This can be eaten hot or cold. Refrigerate the leftovers. It can be reheated to serve it warm. Serve it cold over a bed of greens or over a Big Beautiful Chopped Salad.
Variations: If desired you can add some chili powder, ground cumin, salsa, diced jalapeno or the California Balsamic Vinegars like Sweet Heat, Blazin Habanero or Gilroy Garlic.
You might also like my California Quinoa Salad Recipe.
Be sure to check out our Amazon Affiliate Page where we share many of our favorite small kitchen appliances, kitchen tools, food products, books and fun things for the grandchildren! Thank you for your support!
We are pleased to announce that if you live in Canda we now have an Amazon.CA Shop Page. We have matched up as many items as we can from our US shop page. Ocassionally there are differences in brands and or packaging size.
The full address is Amazon.ca/shop/nutmegnotebook
We are also Holland Bowl Mill Affiliates. The 15 inch Holland Bowl Mill Cherry fruit bowl has a permanent home on our kitchen island. It’s beautiful and useful. The heart shaped bowl makes me happy – I love everything heart shaped! We use our 15 inch Beechwood bowl to chop our salads everyday. Eating a salad for one meal every day helped me lose weight and become a size 4. I still eat a salad for one meal a day but now it’s a Big Beautiful Chopped salad and it helps me stay a size 4! See the Chopped Salad Blog Post to find out how you can incorporate a chopped salad into your daily food plan and how you can get a free mezzaluna knife with your Holland Bowl order when you use our affiliate link as well as free engraving and free shipping.