It starts with a medley of fresh raspberries, strawberries and black berries tossed with a little bit of pure Maple syrup. The topping consists of pecans, walnuts ( I subbed almonds) dates and a little cinnamon. Put it in the food processor and pulse until you have a coarse grind. Sprinkle over the top of the prepared fruit. The addition of a little freshly grated nutmeg is lovely.
You can prepare this in individual dishes which makes for a nice presentation. It also makes serving easier because you do prepare it all in advance. Everyone enjoys getting an individual dessert and it makes the presentation much prettier.
Raw Berry Crisp
- 6 cups mixed berries such as blackberries, blueberries, raspberries and sliced strawberries
- 1 tablespoon date syrup more or less to taste depending on sweetness of berries or skip it.
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup pitted dates roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- In a (7- x 11-inch) dish, toss berries with syrup. Put pecans, walnuts, dates and cinnamon into a food processor and pulse until coarsely ground. Scatter nut mixture over berries and serve immediately, or chill until ready to serve.
When you use our affiliate links you help support the work here without any additional cost to you. Thank you for your support.
Be sure to check out our Amazon Affiliate Page where we share many of our favorite small kitchen appliances, kitchen tools, food products, books and fun things for the grandchildren! Thank you for your support!
We are pleased to announce that if you live in Canda we now have an Amazon.CA Shop Page. We have matched up as many items as we can from our US shop page. Ocassionally there are differences in brands and or packaging size.
The full address is Amazon.ca/shop/nutmegnotebook
We are also Holland Bowl Mill Affiliates. The 15 inch Holland Bowl Mill Cherry fruit bowl has a permanent home on our kitchen island. It’s beautiful and useful. The heart shaped bowl makes me happy – I love everything heart shaped! We use our 15 inch Beechwood bowl to chop our salads everyday. Eating a salad for one meal every day helped me lose weight and become a size 4. I still eat a salad for one meal a day but now it’s a Big Beautiful Chopped salad and it helps me stay a size 4! See the Chopped Salad Blog Post to find out how you can incorporate a chopped salad into your daily food plan and how you can get a free mezzaluna knife with your Holland Bowl order when you use our affiliate link as well as free engraving and free shipping.