A simple easy recipe that will create a beautiful aroma through out your home. Early in the fall I had some overly ripe pears that needed to be used in something and I didn’t have time for something fancy so a Cinnamon Pear Sauce was created on the spot. It was perfection. A little fresh lemon juice, ground cinnamon, vanilla and some freshly grated nutmeg. No sugar required. Delicately spiced perfectly sweet pears – life is good.Jump to Recipe
Spoon some of this deliciousness over your bowl of hot oatmeal. Lovely on a warm muffin or mixed into some plant based yogurt. Heat it up and pour over pancakes or waffles. Enjoy a dish of it for dessert. It’s lovely no matter how you decide to enjoy it.
Just this week again, I had some overly ripe pears and I knew what I wanted – this delicious easy pear sauce.
If your pears are very ripe, it will be sweet enough on it’s own. If you need it to be sweeter you can add date syrup or date paste to taste. You can puree it in your blender or use a stick blender right in the pot.
Use Discount Code NUTMEG on the JOI website using our link above.
If you prefer it to be chunkier I have also simply used a potato masher in the pot for a more rustic version.
|Please note that we partner with affiliate platforms where commission may be earned based on clicks and or purchases – all at no additional cost to you. Affiliate links help bloggers like me to fund the free content that we provide on our blogs.|
Cinnamon Pear Sauce
- sauce pan, blender
- 5 each ripe pears, peeled, cored, cut into chunks the more ripe the pears the sweeter the sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla powder or vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg or pre -ground from a spice jar
- Add everything to a medium size sauce pan and over medium heat bring to a boil, then turn down to a simmer for about 20 -30 minutes uncovered.
- When the pears are completely cooked through shut off the heat. Transfer mixture to a blender container to puree if you want a smooth consistency. You can use an immersion blender right in the pot once the mixture has cooled down, be careful to not get burned.
- For a chunkier more rustic sauce use a potato masher in the pot and mash to the desired texture.
- Pour into a 2 cup glass jar or container of your choice. Refrigerate for up to a week or put in freezer safe containers and freeze it.
Get Healthy Stay Healthy One Meal At A Time
Be sure to check out our Amazon Affiliate Page where we share many of our favorite small kitchen appliances, kitchen tools, food products, books and fun things for the grandchildren! Nutmeg Notebook is a participant in the Amazon Affiliates program that is designed to provide a means for sites to earn a commission from qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support.
We are pleased to announce that if you live in Canada we now have an Amazon.CA Shop Page. We have matched up as many items as we can from our US shop page. Occasionally there are differences in brands and or packaging size.
The full address is Amazon.ca/shop/nutmegnotebook
We are also Holland Bowl Mill Affiliates. The 15 inch Holland Bowl Mill Cherry fruit bowl has a permanent home on our kitchen island. It’s beautiful and useful. The heart shaped bowl makes me happy – I love everything heart shaped! We use our 15 inch Beechwood & cherry bowl (his and her’s) to chop our salads everyday. Eating a salad for one meal every day helped me lose weight and become a size 4. I still eat a salad for one meal a day but now it’s a Big Beautiful Chopped salad and it helps me stay a size 4! See the Chopped Salad Blog Post to find out how you can incorporate a chopped salad into your daily food plan and how you can get a free mezzaluna knife with your Holland Bowl salad bowl order when you use our Holland Bowl affiliate link as well as free engraving and free shipping.
It sounds and looks delicious however I do not understand how there is enough liquid from the lemon juice to boil the pears! Please comment.
Laurie Church, Trumbull, CT
Over ripe pears are very juicy and break down quickly so the heat and the juicy pears come to a boil quickly. Be sure to use very ripe fruit.