Nutmeg Notebook Creamy Balsamic Dressing
A no oil creamy dressing that doesn't use cashews! It's become a very poplular recipe with our subscibers!
- 1 box or can of cannellini beans no salt added rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar *
- 4 Medjool dates - pitted depends on how sweet you like it - you could use less or more
- 4 teaspoons Dijon Mustard or no salt added mustard
- 1 cup unsweetened plant milk
- 2-3 teaspoons Garlic & Herb no salt seasoning or you could use 2 fresh garlic cloves
Mix all the ingredients together in a high power blender like a Blendtec or Vitamix until smooth and creamy. It thickens after chilling in the fridge.
If you have a regular blender you might try soaking the dates in warm water to soften them so they will blend better.
*For a slaw salad I suggest you use the white balsamic vinegar - Trader Joe's has a good one and other stores also sell white balsamic vinegar. The lighter color looks better on a slaw. The white balsamic is a lighter flavor but it still makes a yummy dressing.
If you prefer to not use dates you can try using Napa Valley Naturals Grand Reserve Balsamic which is sweeter and thick and skip the dates all together.
Creamy Ginger Orange Balsamic variation: For an Asian flare try adding some fresh ginger to taste and 1/2 to a whole peeled orange in the blender, blend until smooth and creamy.
Creamy Strawberry Balsamic is an exclusive recipe only for subscribers. Fill out the subscribe tab and you will automatically get an email sent to you with a link for this exclusive recipe. Be sure to check your junk email folder as it often times lands there.