Raw Berry Crisp
An elegant yet easy dessert recipe that everyone can enjoy.
- 6 cups mixed berries such as blackberries, blueberries, raspberries and sliced strawberries
- 1 tablespoon date syrup more or less to taste depending on sweetness of berries or skip it.
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup pitted dates roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
In a (7- x 11-inch) dish, toss berries with syrup. Put pecans, walnuts, dates and cinnamon into a food processor and pulse until coarsely ground. Scatter nut mixture over berries and serve immediately, or chill until ready to serve.