Quinoa Banana Oat Muffin Mix
Thsi muffin Mix is versatile and can be used so many ways.
- 1/2 cup prewashed quinoa -dry – uncooked ground into a powder – see Quinoa Banan Oat Muffin video – if you can’t find prewashed quinoa try using ground millet instead or quinoa flakes or quinoa flour or oat flour if you use it.
- 2 cups Quick Cooking Steel Cut Oats – if you don’t have quick cooking steel cut oats just process regular steel cut oats a little bit in your food processor. Use Certified gluten free oats to make this a gluten free dessert.
- 2 1/2 cups Old Fashioned Oats – use certified gluten free oats to make this gluten free.
- 1/4 cup ground golden flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg – freshly ground is best
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Combine all the dry ingredients in a container and stir well. It makes about 5 cups of dry muffin mix. Go ahead and make extra muffin mixes while you have all the ingredients out. I just set out my containers and fill them assembly style. With this mix you can make the Quinoa Banana Oat Muffins, Oat – Jam – Jammie Bars and Sweet Pea’s Mini Jammies!