California Quinoa Mango Salad
This is my version of a popular salad sold in the deli at Whole Food Market. It is perfect for potluck, entertaining or to batch prep and eat all week! Try putting some on your chopped salad - so refreshing. People always ask me for the recipe.
- 2 cups Tri colored Quinoa rinsed and drained or any color of quinoa
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups Organic Shelled Edamame Cooked according to pkg directions, cooled
- 1 red bell pepper finely diced
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup dried currants – can sub raisins or dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 cup red onion finely diced
- juice of two limes and the zest
- 4 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 1/2 cups mango diced or pineapple
To make this recipe compliant to Chef AJ’s Ultimate Weight Loss Program – sub rinsed and drained black beans for the edamame, sub diced jicama for the almonds, leave out the coconut, sub grapes cut in half or pomegranate seeds for the currants.
If you don't have an electric pressure cooker -In a medium size sauce pan mix 4 cups water and quinoa, over a medium heat bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook 10-15 minutes or until all water has been absorbed. Set aside to cool.