Chocolate Ganache Pudding
A creamy dreamy Chocolate Ganash made with a suprise ingredient!
- 1 15- ounce can cannellini beans no salt added drained (you could sub garbanzo beans but they do have a stronger flavor)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter almond butter, cashew butter or defatted peanut flour or PB2.
- 1/2 cup organic Cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa
- 2--4 tablespoons date syrup for sweetness if needed
- 1 teaspoon of decaf instant espresso coffee - optional or Dandy Blend
- 4 large pitted Medjool dates that are moist and plump
- 1 teaspoon of good quality real vanilla extract or vailla powder
- 1/2 cup water or more if needed
- pinch of salt – optional but it does help bring out the sweetness
Throw everything into a food processor, process until smooth adding more water if needed. I made it in my high powered blender and it worked well but you won’t be able to make it in a regular blender as it is very thick. You can make it as thin or thick as you want. Add less water for more of a ganache, frosting or hummus texture. If you want more of a pudding/mousse add more liquid such as water, juice or almond milk.
Debby used the bean liquid instead of water but I thought the drained bean liquid looked unappealing and went with water.
Serving Suggestions: spread on chunks of bananas, use to frost cupcakes, cookies or brownies, serve in small dishes garnished with cut up strawberries or raspberries. It would be pretty layered in dessert shot glasses alternating with layers of fresh fruit!