Quinoa Banana Oat Muffin Mix
Thsi muffin Mix is versatile and can be used so many ways.
- 1/2 cup prewashed quinoa -dry – uncooked ground into a powder – see Quinoa Banan Oat Muffin video – if you can’t find prewashed quinoa try using ground millet instead or quinoa flakes or quinoa flour or oat flour if you use it.
- 2 cups Quick Cooking Steel Cut Oats – if you don’t have quick cooking steel cut oats just process regular steel cut oats a little bit in your food processor. Use Certified gluten free oats to make this a gluten free dessert.
- 2 1/2 cups Old Fashioned Oats – use certified gluten free oats to make this gluten free.
- 1/4 cup ground golden flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg – freshly ground is best
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Combine all the dry ingredients in a container and stir well. It makes about 5 cups of dry muffin mix. Go ahead and make extra muffin mixes while you have all the ingredients out. I just set out my containers and fill them assembly style. With this mix you can make the Quinoa Banana Oat Muffins, Oat – Jam – Jammie Bars and Sweet Pea’s Mini Jammies!
You can use all rolled oats instead of the various grains I use in the recipe. It would be a total of 5 cups of rolled oats and grinding 1/2 cup of oats into a flour in your blender or food processor.
If you don’t want to use banana you can try using mashed or pureed mango or very sweet oven roasted Japanese Sweet Potato or Hannah Yams mashed. You might have to use more applesauce to make it more moist. Bananas would be my first choice because of the moisture and sweetness.