Garlic Mashed Potatoes - Pressure Cooker
Delcious garlic mashed potatoes made easily in the pressure cooker.
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes scrubbed and cut into chunks – or your favorite kind of potato
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 8 cloves of garlic – or to taste
- 2-3 teaspoons Benson’s Table Tasty Salt Substitute or your favorite salt substitute
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk warmed so it doesn’t cool down the potatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried Chives or 2 tablespoons fresh minced chives
- freshly ground black pepper
- Dash of Cayenne pepper
Put the potatoes, broth and garlic cloves in the pressure cooker, secure the lid and press manual, set time for 4 minutes. When it is done cooking use quick pressure release. Open pot carefully as it will be hot, do not drain the liquid, using a potato masher start mashing making sure you get the cloves of garlic. Add all of the seasonings. Add the almond milk a little at a time – you may not need it all depending on how creamy you like your potatoes. Keep mashing and adding the warm almond milk until you have the desired consistency.
Variations: you can change up the seasonings, add fresh herbs like thyme, rosemary or an Italian seasoning mix, Herbs de Provence, sun dried tomatoes, use half rutabagas or parsnips in place of half the potatoes, customize them to suit your needs.