A delicious new twist on hummus made with warm spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamon and served as a dessert! Lightly sweetened with no sugar added apple juice and medjool dates. Kid friendly and parent approved.
Apple Cinnamon Dessert Hummus
- 2 cups garbanzo beans drained – canned or home cooked
- 1/2 cup oven roasted Japanese Sweet Potato – peeled
- 3/4 cup apple juice – no sugar added or aquafaba or water
- 4 pitted dates
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg – or from a spice jar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamon
- Place all ingredients in a high powered blender and blend until creamy smooth. Add additional juice, aquafaba or water if needed to thin the hummus. You want it to be smooth and creamy for dipping or spreading on fruit.
- Serve with slices of apple, pear or banana. Spread some on whole grain toast or on a Quinoa Banana Oat Muffin. Or enjoy a small dish of it with a spoon!
Be sure to check out our Amazon Affiliate Page where we share many of our favorite small kitchen appliances, kitchen tools, food products, books and fun things for the grandchildren! When you use our affiliate links you helps support our work here with out any extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!
We are also Holland Bowl Mill Affiliates. The 15 inch Holland Bowl Mill Cherry fruit bowl has a permanent home on our kitchen island. It’s beautiful and useful. The heart shaped bowl makes me happy – I love everything heart shaped! We use our 15 inch Beechwood bowl to chop our salads everyday. Eating a salad for one meal every day helped me lose weight and become a size 4. I still eat a salad for one meal a day but now it’s a Big Beautiful Chopped salad and it helps me stay a size 4! See the Chopped Salad Blog Post to find out how you can incorporate a chopped salad into your daily food plan and how you can get a FREE MESSALUNA KNIFE with your Holland Bowl order when you use our affiliate link as well as free engraving and free shipping.