A delicious new twist on hummus made with warm spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamon and served as a dessert! Lightly sweetened with no sugar added apple juice and medjool dates. Kid friendly and parent approved.
Apple Cinnamon Dessert Hummus
- 2 cups garbanzo beans, drained – canned or home cooked
- 1/2 cup oven roasted Japanese Sweet Potato – peeled
- 3/4 cup apple juice – no sugar added or aquafaba or water
- 4 pitted dates
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg – or from a spice jar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamon
Place all ingredients in a high powered blender and blend until creamy smooth. Add additional juice, aquafaba or water if needed to thin the hummus. You want it to be smooth and creamy for dipping or spreading on fruit.
Serve with slices of apple, pear or banana. Spread some on whole grain toast or on a Quinoa Banana Oat Muffin. Or enjoy a small dish of it with a spoon!
A Nutmeg Notebook Recipe
When you purchase items using our affiliate links you help support our work without any extra cost to you. Thank you for your support.