The rice is a simple mixture of mango, cilantro, bell peppers, brown rice, lime juice and green onions. Serve it warm, room temperature or chilled. Feel free to sub pineapple for mango, use any colored pepper you have. Delicious served with Cuban Black Beans and Oven Baked Plantains with Coconut Dipping Sauce.
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup diced red or orange pepper
- 1/2 cup diced mango or pineapple
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp onion powder (or 1-2 Tbsp finely diced onion)
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder (or 1 garlic clove, pressed)
- optional: 1 scallion, sliced thin
- optional: a sprinkle of unsweetened shredded coconut
Place all ingredients in a medium sized bowl and stir to combine. Serve warm, at room temperature or chilled.
Optional: Garnish with scallion and coconut sprinkled on top.
Per Serving: 182 Calories, 1.3 g Fat, o mg Cholesterol, 128.3 mg Sodium, 189.8 mg Potassium, 39 g Carbohydrates, 3.3 g Fiber, 3.2 g Sugars, 3.6 g protein WWPP 5
Recipe From Healthy Girls Kitchen