This is a delightful fall and winter soup that will warm you up from the inside out. It is a smooth and creamy soup that is simple to make but so flavorful. It tastes like you really went to a lot of work to make it but it’s so easy you will make it frequently like I do. I usually double the recipe and freeze the extra portions in our Souper Cubes for future meals.
We like to serve this soup with some cooked wild rice or brown rice in the bottom of the bowl. Pour the soup over the rice. Then add some chopped arugula on top. Delicious!
We love to serve it with the addition of some wild rice.
This soup is lovely to serve in mugs to your guests as they arrive to your home. It’s so smooth and creamy – no need for a spoon.
Serve up a beautiful soup that makes everyone happy. The salad is Bodacious Beet Salad recipe from Chef AJ’s Secrets To Ultimate Weight Loss Book.
We are Souper Cubes Affiliates and these products have revolutionized our batch cooking freezing storage system!
It can be served in mugs an sipped as an appetizer as guests arrive. it can be a first course soup served in soup bowls garnished with fresh chives, scallions or chopped arugula.
Curry Ginger Butternut Squash Soup
- Pressure Cooker
- 2 pounds peeled diced butternut squash
- 3 cups water or low sodium vegetable broth
- 3 garlic clove
- 3 cups diced onion
- 1/3 cup oats I have also used millet but prefer oats
- 1 teaspoon Hot Curry powder – I used Penzey’s – use mild if you prefer
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger minced
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg – or the dried powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 apples cored, cut into wedges – I like to use a sweet apple
- 1 cup unsweetened plant milk – I used almond
- Place all ingredients except the plant milk in a 6 QT Instant Pot. Set timer for 6 minutes on high pressure. Release pressure manually.
- Add plant milk and using an immersion blender blend until velvety smooth.
- Serve with brown rice or wild rice in the bowl.
- Can be served in mugs as an appetizer at a party.
- I love this soup all year long!
- Costco and Trader Joe’s sell butternut squash already peeled and cubed which makes this soup go together quickly and without fuss.
Be sure to check out our Amazon Affiliate Page where we share many of our favorite small kitchen appliances, kitchen tools, food products, books and fun things for the grandchildren! Thank you for your support!
We are pleased to announce that if you live in Canada we now have an Amazon.CA Shop Page. We have matched up as many items as we can from our US shop page. Occasionally there are differences in brands and or packaging size.
The full address is Amazon.ca/shop/nutmegnotebook
We are also Holland Bowl Mill Affiliates. The 15 inch Holland Bowl Mill Cherry fruit bowl has a permanent home on our kitchen island. It’s beautiful and useful. The heart shaped bowl makes me happy – I love everything heart shaped! We use our 15 inch Beechwood & cherry bowl (his and her’s) to chop our salads everyday. Eating a salad for one meal every day helped me lose weight and become a size 4. I still eat a salad for one meal a day but now it’s a Big Beautiful Chopped salad and it helps me stay a size 4! See the Chopped Salad Blog Post to find out how you can incorporate a chopped salad into your daily food plan and how you can get a free mezzaluna knife with your Holland Bowl order when you use our Holland Bowl affiliate link as well as free engraving and free shipping.