If you don’t like corn – leave it out – if you love corn why not double it – don’t have black beans use kidney or pinto. If you like a little heat add some diced jalapeno, don’t have rice no problem- use quinoa. Sometimes I add salsa or chopped tomatoes – just depends on what it’s being served with. Remember usually I just toss ingredients in the bowl, stir and when it looks good I serve it. If you stick with the lime juice, cilantro, brown rice and a touch of salt it’s pretty much like the rice at Chipotle. This is good eats and it can’t get any easier.
- 3 cups cooked brown rice or use cooked quinoa
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed or fresh grilled corn
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced including the green tops
- juice of 1 lime and the zest if you wish
Combine all the ingredients in a medium size bowl and stir until well combined. Serve hot or at room temperature. This can be a side dish with enchiladas, burritos or tacos or served as a main dish. You can eat it wrapped up in warm corn tortillas topped off with salsa. Serve it over a bed of shredded romaine with home made corn tortilla chips and add some chopped avocado.
Yield: approximately 6 cups
Servings: 8 Servings Size: about 3/4 cup