I wasn’t planning on doing a post this morning but I just made the best no oil hummus and I have to share the recipe. It is the best oil free hummus I have made or tasted – even if I do say so myself! While on my morning walk today I was talking to my mom on the phone and I was telling her that I like to eat raw veggies dipped in hummus. When I am short on time – which is most days lately I will buy the Engine 2 brand of hummus at Whole Foods. It’s not great tasting but it works in a pinch. I had a little extra time this morning before I needed to get to my daughter’s house so I decided to take 15 minutes and make some home made hummus. Yep that’s about all the time it takes to make hummus at home using canned beans. That is quicker than driving to the store to buy it! Why oh why was I buying hummus that was just ok when I could have been making this?
You will eat a lot more veggies just so you can have a vessel to eat this insanely delicious no oil hummus!
It’s so good you should make a double batch! Hummus freezes well so make some ahead and put it in the freezer for future enjoyment.
Best Oil Free Hummus
- 1 can no salt added Cannellini Beans, rinse and drained
- 1 can no salt garbanzo beans, drained but reserve the liquid – I didn’t rinse the beans
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon ground cumin – I used 1 teaspoon but I really like the flavor of cumin start with 1/2 teaspoon and adjust to your personal preference
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds or 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2-3 tablesppons fresh lemon juice – start with 2 and add more to your personal preference – I like 3
- 6 tablespoons aquafaba – measure from the reserved liquid from the garbanzo beans – adjust to your personal preference. Add more if you like it creamier and thinner – add less if you want it to be thicker.
Place all ingredients in a high powered blender or a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy! Store covered in the fridge. Serve with raw veggies for dipping.
A Nutmeg Notebook Recipe
When you use our affliate links to make purchases you support our work with out any extra cost to you. Thank you for your support. Please check out our Amazon Affiliate Recommendation Page for our favorite kitchen gadgets, small kitchen appliances, pantry items, hiking gear and even some fun things for the grandchildren.
We are also Holland Bowl Mill Affiliates. The 15 inch Holland Bowl Mill Cherry fruit bowl has a permanent home on our kitchen island. It’s beautiful and useful and it holds 4 bunches of bananas. The heart shaped bowl makes me happy – I love everything heart shaped! We use our 15 inch Beechwood bowl to chop our salads everyday. Eating a salad for one meal every day helped me lose weight and become a size 4. I still eat a salad for one meal a day but now it’s a Big Beautiful Chopped salad and it helps me stay a size 4! See the Chopped Salad Blog Post to find out how you can incorporate a chopped salad into your daily food plan and how you can get a free mezzaluna knife with your Holland Bowl order as well as free engraving and free shipping.