This isn’t a new recipe – I have actually been making this salad since going plant based in 2013! It’s my copy cat version of a delicious salad sold in the Whole Foods Deli. My version is much more economical, easy and equally as delightful! Here’s what is new, we made a video of me making this salad so you could see how easy it is to create a scrumptious salad that is perfect for just about any occasion.
If you don’t have fresh mango try subbing fresh pineapple or if in season fresh peaches work well too.
It’s lovely served over a bed of lettuce or on top of a Big Beautiful Chopped Salad. It can be a main entree or served as a side dish along side a veggie burger or grilled tofu and some corn on the cob.
It looks quite appealing when tucked into lettuce cups too. It’s a super cute way to serve this salad at a luncheon. If you like Quinoa dishes you would like this Quinoa Black Bean & Corn recipe also made in a pressure cooker that our son named “Beanwah!”
I love the new features of the Mealthy 2.0 6 QT Electric Pressure Cooker! It has a self-sealing lid, hands free & programmable automatic pressure release, preset cooking programs, an easy touch control panel and an LCD screen. Plus it comes with all of the accessories (shown above) that you need to get started cooking. If you use our Mealthy Affiliate Link and our discount code NUTMEGNOTEBOOK for $10 off any order $59.95 or over.
Try topping your Chopped Salad with the California Quinoa Mango Salad and some additional fruit, give it a splash of California Balsamic Lemon Vinegar and you have the most filling, refreshing salad that is bursting with flavor, is nutritent dense but figure frendly!
California Quinoa Mango Salad
- 2 cups Tri colored Quinoa rinsed and drained or any color of quinoa
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups Organic Shelled Edamame Cooked according to pkg directions, cooled
- 1 red bell pepper finely diced
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup dried currants – can sub raisins or dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 cup red onion finely diced
- juice of two limes and the zest
- 4 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 1/2 cups mango diced or pineapple
- In your pressure cooker add the 2 cups quinoa and 2 1/2 cups water. Put the lid on, set the cook time for 5 minutes, natural pressure. If you are in a hurry to cool down the quinoa and get the salad made, line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat mat and spread the hot quinoa out on it and put it in the fridge and it will cool down fairly quickly.
- Once the quinoa has cooled down transfer it to a large mixing bowl and combine with rest of ingredients. Chill before serving.
Be sure to check out our Amazon Affiliate Page where we share many of our favorite small kitchen appliances, kitchen tools, food products, books and fun things for the grandchildren! Thank you for your support!
We are pleased to announce that if you live in Canda we now have an Amazon.CA Shop Page. We have matched up as many items as we can from our US shop page. Ocassionally there are differences in brands and or packaging size.
The full address is Amazon.ca/shop/nutmegnotebook
We are also Holland Bowl Mill Affiliates. The 15 inch Holland Bowl Mill Cherry fruit bowl has a permanent home on our kitchen island. It’s beautiful and useful. The heart shaped bowl makes me happy – I love everything heart shaped! We use our 15 inch Beechwood & cherry bowl (his and her’s) to chop our salads everyday. Eating a salad for one meal every day helped me lose weight and become a size 4. I still eat a salad for one meal a day but now it’s a Big Beautiful Chopped salad and it helps me stay a size 4! See the Chopped Salad Blog Post to find out how you can incorporate a chopped salad into your daily food plan and how you can get a free mezzaluna knife with your Holland Bowl order when you use our affiliate link as well as free engraving and free shipping.