If you consider yourself a chocolate lover I have the perfect recipe for you. I would describe it as decadent, indulgent and downright delightful! It is layers of chocolate goodness all made with wholesome plant foods that are full of nutrition as well as deliciousness. Imagine a generous serving of Chocolate banana nice cream layered with chunks of Chocolate Cherry Brownies and fresh strawberries or raspberries. Add a few fun little toppings and you just built yourself an amazing dessert that is sure to please any dessert lover. All this sweetness just from fruit!
Get out some pretty glass dishes to serve this in – it deserves a classy presentation. Cocktail glasses, wine glasses, dessert dishes – look through your cupboards and see what you have that would be fun to work with.
You can make the chocolate banana nice cream in your high powered blender, food processor, Yonanas ice cream maker or the Champion Juicer. All of these appliances work well.
I started making this back during the hot summer months. I make it a little different each time. All depends on what we have on hand – no berries – no worries it’s delicious just with the chocolate banana nice cream, brownies and some thinly sliced Brazil nuts. Oh yes!
It’s fabulous with frozen organic cherries from Costco layered in with the brownies. Go for it!
Have fun with making a Chocolate Brownie Parfait – use the ingredients you have on hand. Enjoy!
Another option are fresh figs cut in half then air fried until bubbly. Sprinkle with Cacao nibs if desired.
Then drizzle with some California Balsamic Chocolate Orange Balsamic. Oh my! This takes it over the top! To purchase this vinegar visit California Balsamic and if you put Nutmeg Notebook in the message box you will get 2 free vinegar samples with any size order.
You will need to bake a batch of these scrumptious Chocolate Cherry Brownies to layer in the parfait.
Use code “NUTMEG15” for a 15% discount
Chocolate Brownie Parfait
- 4 frozen very ripe peeled bananas
- unsweetened cacao powder or cocoa powder
- berries, cherries, figs or other fruit
- Chocolate Cherry Brownies – already baked, cut into small chunks
- cacao nibs
- unsweetened shredded coconut
- unsweetened chocolate chips
- thinly sliced nuts or chopped nuts – your choice
- Take the ripe frozen, peeled bananas out of the freezer. If making it in a blender or food processor add the cacao or cocoa to the container along with the bananas and blend until smooth.
- If using the Champion model 2000 Juicer add about 1/3 of a frozen banana at a time and 1/2 – 1 teaspoon of cacao powder or cocoa powder with each section of banana. Or to your own personal taste preferences.
- Once the banana nice cream is blended start layering in your dessert glasses.
- I like to add some fruit and brownie chunks in the bottom of the serving dish. Then some of the banana nice cream. Keep repeating the layers until the dish is full. Then garnish with your choice of toppings. Eat and enjoy!
Be sure to check out our Amazon Affiliate Page where we share many of our favorite small kitchen appliances, kitchen tools, food products, books and fun things for the grandchildren! Thank you for your support!
We are pleased to announce that if you live in Canada we now have an Amazon.CA Shop Page. We have matched up as many items as we can from our US shop page. Occasionally there are differences in brands and or packaging size.
The full address is Amazon.ca/shop/nutmegnotebook
We are also Holland Bowl Mill Affiliates. The 15 inch Holland Bowl Mill Cherry fruit bowl has a permanent home on our kitchen island. It’s beautiful and useful. The heart shaped bowl makes me happy – I love everything heart shaped! We use our 15 inch Beechwood & cherry bowl (his and her’s) to chop our salads everyday. Eating a salad for one meal every day helped me lose weight and become a size 4. I still eat a salad for one meal a day but now it’s a Big Beautiful Chopped salad and it helps me stay a size 4! See the Chopped Salad Blog Post to find out how you can incorporate a chopped salad into your daily food plan and how you can get a free mezzaluna knife with your Holland Bowl order when you use our Holland Bowl affiliate link as well as free engraving and free shipping.