A delicious new twist on hummus made with warm spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamon and served as a dessert! Lightly sweetened with no sugar added apple juice and medjool dates. Kid friendly and parent approved.
Children and adults will love this tasty dessert with apple slices, pear slices and bananas. You might even enjoy a little dish of it with a spoon – I may or may not have done this myself!
Apple Cinnamon Dessert Hummus
- 2 cups garbanzo beans drained – canned or home cooked
- 1/2 cup oven roasted Japanese Sweet Potato – peeled
- 3/4 cup apple juice – no sugar added or aquafaba or water
- 4 pitted dates
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg – or from a spice jar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamon
- Place all ingredients in a high powered blender and blend until creamy smooth. Add additional juice, aquafaba or water if needed to thin the hummus. You want it to be smooth and creamy for dipping or spreading on fruit.
Be sure to check out our Amazon Affiliate Page where we share many of our favorite small kitchen appliances, kitchen tools, food products, books and fun things for the grandchildren! Thank you for your support!
We are pleased to announce that if you live in Canda we now have an Amazon.CA Shop Page. We have matched up as many items as we can from our US shop page. Ocassionally there are differences in brands and or packaging size.
The full address is Amazon.ca/shop/nutmegnotebook
We are also Holland Bowl Mill Affiliates. The 15 inch Holland Bowl Mill Cherry fruit bowl has a permanent home on our kitchen island. It’s beautiful and useful. The heart shaped bowl makes me happy – I love everything heart shaped! We use our 15 inch Beechwood bowl to chop our salads everyday. Eating a salad for one meal every day helped me lose weight and become a size 4. I still eat a salad for one meal a day but now it’s a Big Beautiful Chopped salad and it helps me stay a size 4! See the Chopped Salad Blog Post to find out how you can incorporate a chopped salad into your daily food plan and how you can get a free mezzaluna knife with your Holland Bowl order when you use our affiliate link as well as free engraving and free shipping.