This cool and creamy sauce is delicious with so many Greek dishes like Falafel Patties. It also make a wonderful appetizer served with pita bread, pita chips or vegetable dippers. Make it ahead and chill it for a couple of hours to let the flavors develop.
- 1 small cucumber — peeled, seeded, and shredded — about 1 cup
- 1 cup non dairy yogurt
- 1- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon salt –to taste
- 2 garlic clove — minced
- 2 sprigs fresh dill — chopped or about 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon dried dill or to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint – optional– I leave this out — we prefer it with dill only
Combine all ingredients in a bowl, stir to mix. Chill.
Yield: 6 Servings Servings Size: a rounded 1/4 cup