Even though we follow a Whole Food Plant Based lifestyle that doesn’t mean that we can’t enjoy a holiday dessert. Everyone likes dessert and especially at the holidays. That doesn’t mean that you have to give in to overly indulgent unhealthy food that might send you right into The Pleasure Trap and cause you to crave more sweets. There are so many healthy yet delicious desserts that can be enjoyed but not derail a health promoting diet. Today’s recipe was created by a Mairead Reddy who is a fellow member of Chef AJ’s Ultimate Weight Loss program. Mairead is a culinary genius and has created all sorts of amazing recipes that I use all the time. She takes simple everyday ingredients and combines them in a way that makes them spectacular. With her permission I am sharing her Fall Pudding recipe with you today.
You Can decorate the top with fresh pomegranate seeds or fresh raspberries look pretty too.
- High PoweredcBlender
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes oven roasted
- 2 small very ripe bananas
- 3 vanilla beans or use 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder or 1/2 – 1 teaspoon vanilla extract I use the vanilla powder
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice I use 1 1/2 teaspoons
- To oven roast the sweet potatoes preheat oven to 400 degrees. Scrub the sweet potatoes, place on a baking sheet and roast for 1 -1.5 hours – depending on how big they are. Oven roasting makes the sweet potatoes become sweet and caramelized. Wonderful!
- When cool enough to handle, peel the sweet potatoes, ( Tami’s tip: Toss those sweet potato peels into your air fryer for a few minutes and make a crispy snack out of them.) Place the peeled sweet potatoes into a high powered blender or a food processor. Split the vanilla beans and scrape the seeds into the container with the sweet potatoes, add bananas and pumpkin pie spice. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Enjoy it served warm, room temperature or chilled. Serve it in pretty dessert dishes garnished with fresh pomegranate seeds or fresh raspberries. Fill your favorite plant based pie crust with the pudding for a lovely holiday dessert.
- You might even be able to process it in an ice cream maker and make pumpkin soft serve but I haven’t tried it yet!
Enjoy it served warm, room temperature or chilled. Serve it in pretty dessert dishes garnished with fresh pomegranate seeds or fresh raspberries. Fill your favorite plant based pie crust with the pudding for a lovely holiday dessert.
You might even be able to process it in an ice cream maker and make pumpkin soft serve but I haven’t tried it yet!
If you want to kick it up another notch fill your favorite plant based pie crust with Fall Pudding. Sprinkle some fresh pomegranate seeds or raspberries over the top.
Be sure to check out our Amazon Affiliate Page where we share many of our favorite small kitchen appliances, kitchen tools, food products, books and fun things for the grandchildren! Thank you for your support!
We are pleased to announce that if you live in Canda we now have an Amazon.CA Shop Page. We have matched up as many items as we can from our US shop page. Ocassionally there are differences in brands and or packaging size.
The full address is Amazon.ca/shop/nutmegnotebook
We are also Holland Bowl Mill Affiliates. The 15 inch Holland Bowl Mill Cherry fruit bowl has a permanent home on our kitchen island. It’s beautiful and useful. The heart shaped bowl makes me happy – I love everything heart shaped! We use our 15 inch Beechwood bowl to chop our salads everyday. Eating a salad for one meal every day helped me lose weight and become a size 4. I still eat a salad for one meal a day but now it’s a Big Beautiful Chopped salad and it helps me stay a size 4! See the Chopped Salad Blog Post to find out how you can incorporate a chopped salad into your daily food plan and how you can get a free mezzaluna knife with your Holland Bowl order when you use our affiliate link as well as free engraving and free shipping.