One of the perks of following a whole food plant based diet is that we enjoy potatoes of all kinds all the time! They get a bad rap but potatoes are actually very healthy. It is what people put on them that makes them little calorie bombs. It’s so easy to make amazing mashed potatoes without any fattening ingredients. Yet they taste insanely delicious. Don’t take my word for it – no instead get that pressure cooker out and get cooking.
Mashed potatoes are so easy in the Instant Pot pressure cooker. You cook, mash and keep them warm all in the Instant Pot. No draining water off either and the taste – nothing short of fabulous! Now you will make mashed potatoes all the time not just at the holidays. Skin on or off? I like the soft thin skins of the Yukon Gold potatoes left on but if you prefer go ahead and peel them!
I made you all this little video so you could see just how easy using the Instant Pot is and how quick you can make amazing Garlic Mashed Potatoes! Stay tuned to see how to use these mashed potatoes to stuff portabello mushrooms for the air fryer! That will be my next video.
I have 2 – 6 QT pressure cookers and the 8 quart and I use them all the time. That are super safe – these are not like the ones your Grandma used. These are electric and you toss all the ingredients in, set the timer and walk away. When it’s done cooking it goes to a warm setting until you are ready to serve. It can cook grains, potatoes, chili, soup, lentils, beans, it’s a yogurt maker, slow cooker and a rice cooker too. If you don’t own one yet what are you waiting for? “>The Instant Pot is available from Amazon. If you use my affiliate link it helps to support this page without any extra cost to you. Thank you.
Garlic Mashed Potatoes – Pressure Cooker
- Pressure Cooker
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes scrubbed and cut into chunks – or your favorite kind of potato
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 8 cloves of garlic – or to taste
- 2-3 teaspoons Benson’s Table Tasty Salt Substitute or your favorite salt substitute
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk warmed so it doesn’t cool down the potatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried Chives or 2 tablespoons fresh minced chives
- freshly ground black pepper
- Dash of Cayenne pepper
- Put the potatoes, broth and garlic cloves in the pressure cooker, secure the lid and press manual, set time for 4 minutes. When it is done cooking use quick pressure release. Open pot carefully as it will be hot, do not drain the liquid, using a potato masher start mashing making sure you get the cloves of garlic. Add all of the seasonings. Add the almond milk a little at a time – you may not need it all depending on how creamy you like your potatoes. Keep mashing and adding the warm almond milk until you have the desired consistency.
- Variations: you can change up the seasonings, add fresh herbs like thyme, rosemary or an Italian seasoning mix, Herbs de Provence, sun dried tomatoes, use half rutabagas or parsnips in place of half the potatoes, customize them to suit your needs.
Be sure to check out our Amazon Affiliate Page where we share many of our favorite small kitchen appliances, kitchen tools, food products, books and fun things for the grandchildren! Thank you for your support!
We are pleased to announce that if you live in Canda we now have an Amazon.CA Shop Page. We have matched up as many items as we can from our US shop page. Ocassionally there are differences in brands and or packaging size.
The full address is Amazon.ca/shop/nutmegnotebook
We are also Holland Bowl Mill Affiliates. The 15 inch Holland Bowl Mill Cherry fruit bowl has a permanent home on our kitchen island. It’s beautiful and useful. The heart shaped bowl makes me happy – I love everything heart shaped! We use our 15 inch Beechwood & cherry bowl (his and her’s) to chop our salads everyday. Eating a salad for one meal every day helped me lose weight and become a size 4. I still eat a salad for one meal a day but now it’s a Big Beautiful Chopped salad and it helps me stay a size 4! See the Chopped Salad Blog Post to find out how you can incorporate a chopped salad into your daily food plan and how you can get a free mezzaluna knife with your Holland Bowl order when you use our affiliate link as well as free engraving and free shipping.