Lasagna is a huge comfort food for many people including my family. This fabulous Lasagna recipe is my most requested meal when the family is getting together anytime of year. They love it. I make it for Christmas, birthdays, Mother’s and Father’s Day. It feeds a crowd and is filling without making you feel stuffed. Two of the three grandchildren can’t get enough of it – when we serve it they go crazy for it. That makes me so happy! They don’t care that it’s healthy or plant based – they just know it tastes good.
Like I always say good food is good food – it just so happens that my good food is also whole food plant based and healthy. If it tastes good they will clamor for more!
This is an easy recipe but I won’t say it’s quick. I make my own delicoius Classic Marinara, creamy Basil Tofu Ricotta Filling with Spinach and a lovely Vegan Faux Parmesan Sprinkle for the top. I like to make the components the day before and them assemble it the day I want to bake it. You can of course buy jars of mairnara if you wish and that eliminates one step. You can assemble it up to 24 hours ahead before baking it. That can also be a time management lifesaver.
It’s worth the extra effort to go for the homemade Classic Marinara and Basil Tofu Ricotta with Spinach for a fabulous lasagna that happens to be the best plant based lasagna I have made. Don’t forget the Vegan Faux Parmesan Sprinkle.
If a full pan of lasagna is too much for you – simply cut the recipe in half and bake it in an 8 inch pan. It works well and will feed 4 hungry adults!
We made a short video for you showing you exactly how to assemble this easy lasagna recipe. I think you will be pleased with how quickly it goes together once you have all the components ready.
Mushroom Spinach Lasagna
- Lasagna Pan or a deep 9 x 13 baking dish
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 12 sheets Barilla Gluten Free Oven Ready Lasagna Noodles or your favorite brand of no boil noodles
- 48 ounces Oil Free Marinara See my Classic Marinara Recipe
- 1 recipe Basil Tofu Ricotta with Spinach See my Basil Tofu Ricotta with Spinach Recipe
- Vegan Faux Parmesan Sprinkle See my Vegan Parmesan Sprinkle Recipe
- Fresh basil – optional
- In a small skillet over medium heat sauté the mushrooms and garlic – using a tablespoon or two of water to keep it from sticking. When mushrooms are cooked remove from pan and set them aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a lasagna pan or a deep 9 x 13 inch baking dish – pour one cup of marinara in the bottom of the pan.
- The next layer will be 4 of the Barilla No Boil Gluten Free Lasagna noodles spread with half of the tofu ricotta filling. I find it easiest to hold each noodle in my hand and individually spread the tofu ricotta on them and then place the noodles in the prepared baking dish. Top the tofu ricotta noodles with half of the cooked mushroom and garlic mixture. Pour one cup of marinara over the top and repeat this step again. See the video to watch me make the layers.
- When you have completed the second layer of tofu ricotta covered noodles and covered them with mushrooms and a cup of marinara – place a layer of just plain noodles over the top and pour all of the remaining marinara over the top layer of plain noodles.
- Cover baking pan with aluminum foil and seal the edges tightly. Place baking pan in the preheated oven and set the timer for 50 minutes.
- After 50 minutes remove the foil and sprinkle Vegan Faux Parmesan Sprinkle over the top – how much is up to your personal preference. Put baking dish back in the oven uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Let lasagna sit for about 10 minutes after removing from oven before you try to cut and serve it. Sprinkle fresh basil over the top if desired.
Be sure to check out our Amazon Affiliate Page where we share many of our favorite small kitchen appliances, kitchen tools, food products, books and fun things for the grandchildren! Thank you for your support
We are pleased to announce that if you live in Canda we now have an Amazon.CA Shop Page. We have matched up as many items as we can from our US shop page. Ocassionally there are differences in brands and or packaging size.
The full address is Amazon.ca/shop/nutmegnotebook
We are also Holland Bowl Mill Affiliates. The 15 inch Holland Bowl Mill Cherry fruit bowl has a permanent home on our kitchen island. It’s beautiful and useful. The heart shaped bowl makes me happy – I love everything heart shaped! We use our 15 inch Beechwood bowl to chop our salads everyday. Eating a salad for one meal every day helped me lose weight and become a size 4. I still eat a salad for one meal a day but now it’s a Big Beautiful Chopped salad and it helps me stay a size 4! See the Chopped Salad Blog Post to find out how you can incorporate a chopped salad into your daily food plan and how you can get a free mezzaluna knife with your Holland Bowl order when you use our affiliate link as well as free engraving and free shipping.