Since our vegan chocolate fudgesicle recipe is so popular I decided to try it in the Ninja CREAMi and it is a big hit! Love that creamy chocolate fudge flavor and the smooth, creamy texture the Ninja CREAMi creates is amazing. Feel free to try all the different variations like mocha, chocolate mint, chocolate peanut butter, chocolate chocolate chip. When you make your own vegan ice cream you control what goes in it and how sweet it is. Wow – we feel like we have our own vegan ice cream parlor right here at home. Life this summer is pretty darn good!Jump to Recipe
You can enjoy it as is or you can top it with some shredded coconut, cacao nibs, chocolate chips, raspberries, strawberries, diced banana, California Balsamic Chocolate Orange Balsamic, low fat granola, or one of my favorites is a sprinkle of organic buckwheat groats. It adds crunch and a nutty flavor that I love.
This recipe is going to make 2 pints, plus you will have a little leftover that you can make into fudgesicles. Or you can do what I did, after filling 2 CREAMi pints, I added a tablespoon of chia seeds to the leftover mixture in the blender and gave it a whirl to break the chia seeds down. Pour into serving dishes – you have a scrumptious fudge pudding. It will set up in the fridge so chill it for a couple hours. So good and you can eat the fudgy chia pudding while you are waiting for the the rest of it to freeze for ice cream.
Use code NUTMEG10 for 10% off a Ninja CREAMi
The above link (highlighted in blue) is our Direct Ninja Kitchen affiliate link. The NUTMEG10 code only applies to purchases direct from Ninja Kitchen. Please check our Amazon ad links below for pricing on Amazon.
We like to have a scoop of it along side our new Vegan Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Ice Cream also made in the Ninja CREAMi. This is a bowl full of scrumptiousness. It feels like you are having a decadent treat.. You might also enjoy a drizzle of our Vegan Chocolate Sauce – just 3 ingredients. I love this lifestyle
Use our JOI Discount Code NUTMEG
Hannah Yams – Use any kind of roasted sweet potatoes or yams, peeled after roasting.
Bananas – Use more roasted sweet potato or yam instead, start with 1 – 1 1/4 cup. You might need to add more dates for sweetness.
Cacao Powder – Use any kind of unsweetened cocoa powder or carob powder.
Vanilla Powder – use equivalent amount of vanilla extract.
Medjool Dates – Use any kind of pitted dates. It they are smaller than Medjool – use more dates, depending on the level of sweetness you desire. 10 Medjool dates equal about 5-6 ounces. If you want to sub date paste start with 1/2 cup and adjust from there.
JOI Plant Milk Nut Base – Use any kind of unsweetened plant milk.
Chocolate Nut Butter – 1/4 cup almond butter or peanut butter, or use Peanut Powder with no added sugar or salt.
Chocolate Mint – peppermint extract – 1/4 teaspoon or to your personal taste, or fresh mint leaves to taste.
Chocolate Orange -Try adding zest of one orange and 1 -2 tablespoons orange juice.
Mocha – Dandy Blend Coffee Substitute – start with 1 tablespoon and adjust to taste.
Chocolate Chocolate Chip – after spinning in the CREAMi, use the MIX IN’s function to add unsweetened Trader Joe’s unsweetened cacao chips or Santa Barbara unsweetened Chocolate Chips or Cacao Nibs, or feel free to sub your favorite chocolate chips or shredded coconut or chopped nuts.
Ninja CREAMi Chocolate Fudge Ice Cream
- Ninja CREAMi
- 1 1/2 cups roasted, peeled, Hannah Yams or any sweet potato see below for substitutions
- 2 each very ripe, peeled bananas see below for substitutions
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cacao powder see below for substitutions
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla powder, pure ground vanilla beans or vanilla extract optional
- 8-10 each Medjool dates, pitted or any kind of dates see below for substitutions
- 2 1/2 cups Unsweetened Plant Milk I use 2 T JOI Almond Base with 2 1/2 cups water
- Put all of the ingredients in a high powered blender and blend until creamy smooth.
- Pour into 2 CREAMI pint containers up to the maximum fill line, follow the manufactures instructions for freezing.
- Be sure to label the containers. Freeze for 24 hours before spinning.
- With the leftover mixture you can make some fudgesicle popsicles. Or add 1 Tablespoon chia seeds to the leftover mixture in the blender and process until smooth and creamy. As it chills, it will set up more. Top with fresh fruit and enjoy.
- When the pints have been in the freezer for 24 hours set a pint out for 5-10 minutes, on your counter, before spinning in the Ninja CREAMi, using the Light Ice Cream function. If it comes out powdery, give it RE-SPIN using the RE-SPIN function.
- After you spin the pint, if you want to do any MIX – IN's, use a small spoon to make a well in the center from top to bottom in the pint and put your mix ins in the well. Use the MIX IN function.
- If you have 1/3 or more leftover ice cream in a pint, smooth the top and put it back in the freezer. You can spin it another day. If you don't have enough volume to spin it again, simply let it thaw a few minutes on the counter and give it a stir with a spoon and enjoy!
Get Healthy Stay Healthy One Meal At A Time
Please note that we partner with affiliate platforms where commission may be earned based on clicks and or purchases – all at no additional cost to you. Affiliate links help bloggers like me to fund the free content that we provide on our blogs.
Be sure to check out our Amazon Affiliate Page where we share many of our favorite small kitchen appliances, kitchen tools, food products, books and fun things for the grandchildren! Nutmeg Notebook is a participant in the Amazon Affiliates program that is designed to provide a means for sites to earn a commission from qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support.
We are pleased to announce that if you live in Canada we now have an Amazon.CA Shop Page. We have matched up as many items as we can from our US shop page. Occasionally there are differences in brands and or packaging size. Amazon.ca/shop/nutmegnotebook
A Nutmeg Notebook Online Course. Beautiful Chopped Salad Course Link
Tami Kramer’s Beautiful Chopped Salad Course includes a complete full color 40+ page recipe PDF eBook and 12 instructional videos. In the course Tami will teach you how to batch prep salads, what to shop for, and tips to ensure that your stored salads will last for a week. She will share different methods for chopping salads, and all the details about how she tops these beauties. Included are 25 different ways to top a chopped salad, 5 oil free salad dressings, gluten free croutons and crunchy toppings, hummus, salsa’s and more! Please enjoy the course videos at your own pace. There are approximately 2 1/2 hours of instruction spread over the 12 individual topic videos. When completed you will be well on your way to enjoying these beautiful, chopped salads as often as you wish, perhaps even daily as Tami does.
We are also Holland Bowl Mill Affiliates. The 15 inch Holland Bowl Mill Cherry fruit bowl has a permanent home on our kitchen island. It’s beautiful and useful. The heart shaped bowl makes me happy – I love everything heart shaped! We use our 15 inch Beechwood & cherry bowl (his and her’s) to chop our salads everyday. Eating a salad for one meal every day helped me lose weight and become a size 4. I still eat a salad for one meal a day but now it’s a Big Beautiful Chopped salad and it helps me stay a size 4! See the Chopped Salad Blog Post to find out how you can incorporate a chopped salad into your daily food plan and how you can get a free mezzaluna knife with your Holland Bowl salad bowl order when you use our Holland Bowl affiliate link as well as free engraving and free shipping.