You asked for it and Tom finally has written down a recipe for Tom’s Dump Soup! Chef AJ was at our house one day when Tom was making Dump Soup for his lunch and she thought it looked good and smelled good so she asked him to make it on the Truth About Weight Loss Summit. Altough this looks like a large volume, it is low calorie density with all that water in the vegetables and broth. Tom loves to graze on this for a relaxing and satisfying noon time meal. Dr. Barbara Rolls who was one of the presenters on the Truth About Weight Loss Summit is a fan of brothy soups. They are satiating, nutritious and low calorie density. Great for weight loss and maintaing weight loss.
There are a lot of variations on the dump soup theme. Sometimes Tom adds 4 ounces of cubed firm tofu. Somtimes he uses brown rice and millet ramen noodles or he might use cooked brown rice instead. Feel free to use your favorite vegetables, noodles and grains and create your own perfect Dump Soup.
Use Discount Code NUTMEG To Save On Your JOI Plant Milk Bases
Our kitchen “studio” set up for the cooking demonstration on “The Truth About Weight Loss” summit with Chef Aj.
It takes a lot of equipment to pull off the live and recorded cooking demonstrations.
These are the Millet & Brown Rice Ramen Noodles we get at Costco. They are sold in smaller packages at Whole Foods and other grocery stores. The Kirkland no salt seasoning comes from Costco as well. The Mrs. Dash Seasoning is available on our Amazon Pantry Store or from Sam’s Club.
A little amount of the dried mushrooms adds a lot of flavor to the broth.
This is my favorite 6 QT Instant Pot Pro Plus Wi-Fi Smart 10 in 1 Pressure Cooker. It has stay cool handles on the SS liner that makes it so easy to remove and pour from the liner. It has an automatic quick release feature so you don’t have to be there to do quick release or you can use the easy one touch buttom on the control panel to release pressure. Love these features! Large easy to read display and sensitive touch controls.
Gold potatoes – any kind of potato
Bok Choy – cabbage or broccoli
Baby Bella Mushrooms – any type of mushroom
Dried Mushrooms – mushroom powder or a umami powder
Millet & Brown Rice Ramen Noodles – your favorite noodle or use cooked brown rice or zucchini noodles
Be sure to check out our Amazon Affiliate Page where we share many of our favorite small kitchen appliances, kitchen tools, food products and books. Nutmeg Notebook is a participant in the Amazon Affiliates program that is designed to provide a means for sites to earn a commission from qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support.
Tom’s Dump Soup
- 1 6 QT Electric Pressure Cooker
- 2 cups water
- 1 Gold potato, medium size, cut into chunks
- 10 baby carrots, cut into chunks
- 8 Brussels sprouts, cut in half
- 1/4 cup dehydrated mixed mushrooms
- 1/2 yellow onion, cut into chunks
- 2 celery stalks, 1 inch pieces
- 4 Baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 6 Shiitake mushrooms, cut the bigger ones in half
- 4-5 bok choy, cleaned, rinsed, break off the leaves to seperate them
- 1 zucchini small to medium. cut into quarters and then 1 inch pieces
- 1 brick Lotus Foods Millet & Brown Rice Ramen Noodles
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- No Salt Seasoning like Mrs Dash Original or Kirkland No Salt Seasoning – to taste
- 4 ounces firm tofu, cubed, optional
- First take the cleaned bok choy and cut zucchini and place in the bottom of a 2 QT bowl. Set aside.
- In a 6 qt liner of an electric pressure cooker with a steamer basket, add the 2 cups water, gold potato, baby carrots, Brussels sprouts, dehydrated mushrooms, onion, celery, baby bellas and shiitake mushrooms. Sprinkle with no salt seasoning, give it a stir to incorporate the seasoning.
- Put the lid on and set the timer for 4 minutes high pressure, quick release.
- While the vegetables are cooking in the pressure cooker, cook the millet and brown rice ramen noodles according to package instructions (takes 4 mintues)
- While the noodles are cooking, microwave the bok choy, zucchini (add optional tofu in this step) for 1 1/2 – 2 mintues on high. If you don't have a microwave you can lightly steam them so they don't turn to mush.
- When the noodles are done cooking, drain and place on top of the cooked bok choy and zucchini, cover to keep warm.
- When the pressure cooker is done, remover the steamer basket contents and "Dump" the contents on top of the bok choy – zucchini, replace cover to keep warm.
- Add miso to the broth that is remaining in the pot and stir with a wire wisk to incorporate. Pour the broth over the vegetables and noodles in the 2 qt bowl.
- Feast and enjoy!
Get Healthy Stay Healthy One Meal At A Time
Please note that we partner with affiliate platforms where commission may be earned based on clicks and or purchases – all at no additional cost to you. Affiliate links help bloggers like me to fund the free content that we provide on our blogs. This page contains affiliate links.
Nutmeg Notebook Online Courses
We invite you to purchase this course to learn all about the “What, When, Why, and How” of batch cooking, to support your quest to live a healthy, whole food, plant based life style. The course contains a 100 page eBook & course guide that includes over 50 of Tami’s recipes. There are 10 lesson modules containing 32 videos, totaling over 15 hours of comprehensive instruction. Tami will cover batch cooking concepts, techniques, and stratagies, as well as specific recipe demonstrations.
Tami Kramer’s Beautiful Chopped Salad Course includes a complete full color 40+ page recipe PDF eBook and 12 instructional videos. In the course Tami will teach you how to batch prep salads, what to shop for, and tips to ensure that your stored salads will last for a week. She will share different methods for chopping salads, and all the details about how she tops these beauties.
We are also Holland Bowl Mill Affiliates. The 15 inch Holland Bowl Mill Cherry fruit bowl has a permanent home on our kitchen island. It’s beautiful and useful. The heart shaped bowl makes me happy – I love everything heart shaped! We use our 15 inch Beechwood & cherry bowl (his and her’s) to chop our salads everyday. Eating a salad for one meal every day helped me lose weight and become a size 4. I still eat a salad for one meal a day but now it’s a Big Beautiful Chopped salad and it helps me stay a size 4! See the Chopped Salad Blog Post to find out how you can incorporate a chopped salad into your daily food plan and how you can get a free mezzaluna knife with your Holland Bowl salad bowl order when you use our Holland Bowl affiliate link as well as free engraving and free shipping.