This Vegan Alfredo Sauce is smooth and creamy and reminds me so much of the non vegan one I used to make but it is so much healthier. It’s all about texture and flavor and trust me when I tell you this one has an amazing silky texture and is bursting with flavor. Tom and I fight over licking the spatula when we make it! It’s a challenge to get a rich tasting sauce without using nuts, seeds or tofu but I did it with simple easy to assemble ingredients that everyone can find. I think this Alfredo Sauce is a game changer for a healthy lifestyle.
I love this Alfredo sauce served over zucchini noodles that I can make in 5 minutes in my own kitchen. It can also be enjoyed by the spoonful right out of the blender – it’s mostly vegetables so why not? Just be sure to save some for the rest of the family because it makes everything taste rich and flavorful!
I wanted you to see just how easy this is to make so we have a video for you with all the details. Last December we actually made a video of me making an Alfredo Sauce but after the taping I decided I wasn’t satisfied with the recipe so we tabled it. I was going to make the recipe again and tweak it to perfection but we got busy with life and new recipes and it remained on the back burner. That is until I came across it in my recipe notebook recently and I had to get back in the kitchen and perfect the recipe. I made it, tweaked it, we loved it and here it is!
The secret ingredient is the ever humble cauliflower! The recipe calls for 1 pound and I do weigh it out. If you don’t have a food scale I highly recommend getting one – you can get one on Amazon for under $10. You can see from the photo about what a pound looks like in a 4 cup measuring cup. I use the Instant Pot pressure cooker to cook the cauliflower and garilc. If you don’t have a pressure cooker you can cook it on your stove top until tender. You might need to add more water since you will encounter evaporation when cooking it on the the stove top.
The list of ingredients is pretty simple and most plant based kitchens are going to have everything on hand to make this recipe. The Sari brand of nutrional yeast is my favorite. It is unfortified and it has a delicious flavor. Not all brands of nutritional yeast taste the same. Use one that you like the flavor of.
Have fun with this Alfredo Sauce and try it over zucchini noodles, potatoes, green beans, asparagus or air fried portabella mushrooms.
Vegan Alfredo Sauce
- 1 pound cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup unsweetened plant milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Table Tasty salt substitute or your favorite salt substitute
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes – optional if you don’t like the kick red pepper flakes give a recipe feel free to reduce or omit it.
- Place the hot water in the stainless steel liner of a 6 quart electric pressure cooker along with the garlic cloves and cauliflower. Put the lid on and close the valve, set the timer for 1 minute and use quick release. When the pressure comes down remove the lid and carefully transfer the water, cauliflower and garlic to a high powered blender container, add the rest of the ingredients except for the red pepper flakes. Process until smooth and creamy about 1 minute. Stir in the red pepper flakes.
- Serve the Alfredo Sauce over zucchini noodles or your favorite type of noodle. To heat up the zucchini noodles I put them in a microwave safe dish covered and microwave for 2 minutes. You can also heat them up gently in a nonstick skillet until warm. If you cook zucchini noodles too long they will get watery. Garnish with fresh basil if desired.
Be sure to check out our Amazon Affiliate Page where we share many of our favorite small kitchen appliances, kitchen tools, food products, books and fun things for the grandchildren! When you use our affiliate links you helps support our work here with out any extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!
We are also Holland Bowl Mill Affiliates. The 15 inch Holland Bowl Mill Cherry fruit bowl has a permanent home on our kitchen island. It’s beautiful and useful. The heart shaped bowl makes me happy – I love everything heart shaped! We use our 15 inch Beechwood bowl to chop our salads everyday. Eating a salad for one meal every day helped me lose weight and become a size 4. I still eat a salad for one meal a day but now it’s a Big Beautiful Chopped salad and it helps me stay a size 4! See the Chopped Salad Blog Post to find out how you can incorporate a chopped salad into your daily food plan and how you can get a FREE MESSALUNA KNIFE with your Holland Bowl order when you use our affiliate link as well as free engraving and free shipping.