Before I transitioned to a whole food plant based lifestyle my favorite ice cream was mint chocolate chip. I loved the the mint flavor and the texture and flavor of the all the little bits of chocolate throughout the ice cream. As I do with all of my favorite foods I find a way to make them vegan, whole food plant based. This vegan mint chocolate chip nice cream will not disappoint. It uses simple ingredients but the end result is insanely delicious!
Simple, easy and delicious! Good food doesn’t have to be complicated. Simple pleasures like plant based Mint Chocolate Chip nice cream can be so satisfying.
You can use the Santa Barbara Chocolate Company 100% pure organic unsweetened chocolate chips or Trader Joe’s. If you have another brand of no sugar added chocolate chips feel free to use them.
Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Nice Cream
- High powered blender or food processor
- 4 very ripe frozen peeled bananas
- 1/4 -1/3 cup fresh mint or to taste could sub 1/8 -1/4 tsp mint extract
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach or enough to make it green
- 1/4 cup unsweetened chocolate chips or to taste
- Put the frozen bananas, mint and spinach in the blender container, using the tamper process until everything is incorporated.
- Stop the machine and add the unsweetened chocolate chips and process just until the chocolate is all incorporated.
- Scoop nice cream into serving dishes and garnish with fresh mint and more chocolate chips if desired. Enjoy!
Be sure to check out our Amazon Affiliate Page where we share many of our favorite small kitchen appliances, kitchen tools, food products, books and fun things for the grandchildren! Thank you for your support!
We are pleased to announce that if you live in Canada we now have an Amazon.CA Shop Page. We have matched up as many items as we can from our US shop page. Occasionally there are differences in brands and or packaging size.
The full address is Amazon.ca/shop/nutmegnotebook
We are also Holland Bowl Mill Affiliates. The 15 inch Holland Bowl Mill Cherry fruit bowl has a permanent home on our kitchen island. It’s beautiful and useful. The heart shaped bowl makes me happy – I love everything heart shaped! We use our 15 inch Beechwood & cherry bowl (his and her’s) to chop our salads everyday. Eating a salad for one meal every day helped me lose weight and become a size 4. I still eat a salad for one meal a day but now it’s a Big Beautiful Chopped salad and it helps me stay a size 4! See the Chopped Salad Blog Post to find out how you can incorporate a chopped salad into your daily food plan and how you can get a free mezzaluna knife with your Holland Bowl salad bowl order when you use our Holland Bowl affiliate link as well as free engraving and free shipping.