This is my new favorite dessert recipe. I love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate. I was delighted with how delicious this recipe is, but yet it fits well into my healthy food plan. These Blondies are soft and chewy and the perfect ending to a meal. I am using the defatted peanut butter powder that is very low fat and it works beautifully. These are vegan, oil free, gluten free and free of refined sugar.Jump to Recipe
The Peanut Butter Blondies are good on their own, however you can really dress them up with a scoop of my Peanut Butter Nice Cream and a drizzle of Chocolate Sauce. It takes this dessert to a whole new level of scrumptious!
This will be my go to Birthday treat from now on. It’s so pretty on a beautiful cake platter and makes you feel special.
These Blondies freeze well too. I cut them and freeze them in a Tupperware container. You can take one out at a time and heat it up in the microwave oven and it’s just as good as freshly baked.
Use code NUTMEG at check out when using our link for JOI Plant Milk.
These are the two brands of sugar free chocolate chips that I have used and liked. Santa Barbara Chocolate Company or Trader Joe’s. If making blondies for people who don’t eat low sugar like I do, I would use semi sweet chocolate chips and a few more dates. Otherwise it won’t be sweet enough for them. There are some no added sugar chocolate chips on Amazon but I haven’t tried them.
Use code NUTMEG at check out when using our Zip Top link.
Some of the items I used in the video are not currently available on Amazon so I have linked to similar items when possible.
Please note that we partner with affiliate platforms where commission may be earned based on clicks and or purchases – all at no additional cost to you. Affiliate links help bloggers like me to fund the free content that we provide on our blogs.
I like to bake blondies in a round silicone pan and then cut them in pie shapes. They look pretty plated as a pie shape. You can also use a square pan and cut them into squares if you prefer. My favorite silicone bakeware is linked below.
Here are the ingredients used in this recipe. When purchasing peanut powder be sure to find one that doesn’t have added sugar and salt. I use Medjool dates, they are large and soft and have a caramel flavor to them. Use oven roasted sweet potatoes to bring out the natural sugars in them and allow them to be sweeter. You don’t get the same result from steamed, boiled or microwaved sweet potatoes.
We made a video so you could see how easy it is to make this amazing dessert. I explain all about the ingredients and give details to help you execute the recipe.
Bananas – use 1/2 cup more sweet potato – you may need to use more dates for sweetness.
Aquafaba – apple sauce
Japanese Sweet Potato – Hannah Yam or a regular sweet potato. JSP’s and Hannah Yams are sweeter than regular sweet potatoes so you may need to use more dates if you sub in regular sweet potatoes.
Unsweetened Chocolate Chips – semi sweet chocolate chips but they do have added sugar.
All dressed up and ready for a special occasion!
Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies Gluten Free
- Oven, silicone pan, food processor
- 1 cup Japanese Sweet Potato, oven roasted Hannah Yam, or regular sweet potato
- 1 cup garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained, reserve some aquafaba – the cooking liquid
- 2 tablespoons aquafaba, cooking liquid from the beans
- 1 cup rolled oats certified GF for those who avoid gluten
- 1/2 cup ripe mashed banana (4.5 ounces)
- 1/4 cup peanut powder, no added salt or sugar
- 4 – 6 each dates , pitted – adjust to your personal preference
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder, or vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Place all ingredients except the chocolate chips into a food processor. Process until well incorporated. You may have to stop the processor and scrape down the sides to be sure all ingredients are mixed in.
- Spoon the batter into a 9 inch silicone round or square pan.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the top of the blondies.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack before cutting.
- Serving suggestion: Top each slice with a scoop of my Peanut Butter Banana Nice Cream and Vegan Chocolate Sauce.
Get Healthy Stay Healthy One Meal At A Time
Be sure to check out our Amazon Affiliate Page where we share many of our favorite small kitchen appliances, kitchen tools, food products, books and fun things for the grandchildren! Nutmeg Notebook is a participant in the Amazon Affiliates program that is designed to provide a means for sites to earn a commission from qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support.
We are pleased to announce that if you live in Canada we now have an Amazon.CA Shop Page. We have matched up as many items as we can from our US shop page. Occasionally there are differences in brands and or packaging size.
The full address is Amazon.ca/shop/nutmegnotebook
We are also Holland Bowl Mill Affiliates. The 15 inch Holland Bowl Mill Cherry fruit bowl has a permanent home on our kitchen island. It’s beautiful and useful. The heart shaped bowl makes me happy – I love everything heart shaped! We use our 15 inch Beechwood & cherry bowl (his and her’s) to chop our salads everyday. Eating a salad for one meal every day helped me lose weight and become a size 4. I still eat a salad for one meal a day but now it’s a Big Beautiful Chopped salad and it helps me stay a size 4! See the Chopped Salad Blog Post to find out how you can incorporate a chopped salad into your daily food plan and how you can get a free mezzaluna knife with your Holland Bowl salad bowl order when you use our Holland Bowl affiliate link as well as free engraving and free shipping.